Thursday, June 25, 2020

How about You?

Hi all,

A while ago, I fell into conversation with an friend. He had asked me how I had become interested in cars and photography. I told him about how I would set on the curb with my best friend in front of my friends house and watch the hot rodder across the street work on his car. Neither of us were even close to our driving age and needless to say, we really didn't know what he was doing to his car, but it sure sounded good when he would race up and down the street with his '59 black El Camino! That car was so cool, jacked up in the back with chrome exhaust pipes hanging down. I can still remember it today and I still have soft spot for '59 El Camino's in my heart. Funny how things stick with you. So, I guess that's were the car thing started with me.

The photography part was home-grown because my dad was into photography with a dark room in our home. My parents would take me to the beach in San Diego before I could drive, drop me off with a 35mm camera and long lens to take surfing photos. The fun part was getting home and watching the magic in the dark room.

Life is not much different with me now, creating images on a computer at home rather than a dark room, other than no surfing images and no film, just digital.  So, I guess this was kinda' an "Acorn story"...how big things grow from small things.

Now, even you know a little about me.

Just a reminder. I have some very cool Corvette images in my "Monthly Hot Buys" Gallery. Check it out and you can order a print or two with 20% off. Here's the link: Monthly Hot Buys



                          Please remember to "Share" this post with your friends! Thanks, John

No comments:

Post a Comment