Friday, July 1, 2011

The Click of a Camera / Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend

Shuffling along between the rows of cool rides at Viva Las Vegas, the click of a Canon EOS 400D could be heard. I swiveled around with curiosity, a young lad was clicking away totally obvious to my riveted eyes. He turned away from one car and moved to the next as if on a mission, lining up the perfect shot. As always, pimping for photos to use on the blog, I approached him with a card and said, hey if you're interested send me some images. He introduced himself as Nik Thyssen. Here's his story, read on...

"I live in Melbourne Australia, and I've been into hot rods for as long as I can remember. I'm a junior member of 'The Aces of Suede Car Club' and my dad and I are building my first hot rod, a 1930 Model A coupe. My dad is also into hot rods and Kustoms so I've grown up cruising in his '50 Mercury. I started taking photos when my family and I took a trip to Viva 2010 and met Roy Varga, a famous pin-up model photographer who spent some time with me teaching me about shooting. Since then I have been taking photos of all the cars I like at shows that we go to, in Australia and the USA. I like to shoot traditional style rods and chopped customs, and especially with pin-ups."

So now, here's the kicker, Nik is only 12 years old...how very cool is that! Check out his bitchin' images! Dude...you Rock!

Viva Las Vegas, Orleans Hotel. Image © Nik Thyssen.



Viva Las Vegas, Rockabilly Weekend. Image © Nik Thyssen
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend. Image © Nik Thyssen
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend. Image © Nik Thyssen
Shooting what he likes best. Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend. Image © Nik Thyssen
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend. Image © Nik Thyssen
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend. Image © Nik Thyssen
If you would like to connect with Nik, this is the place to click.

To share a comment click this button.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice image, im a car guy so whats not to love. Richard from The Amish settlement of Lebanon,Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand registration is open for this event and the hotel is filling up quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue the wonderful good article, I just read couple of articles about this web page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G’Day from Australian Hot Rodder, our latest issue is now available for a sneak peek or purchase from our website www.australianhotrodder.com.au

    ReplyDelete