It started as a kid hanging around "Hobby Shops," model car building at night under the glow of a desk lamp, with the sound of a radio in the back ground, then sitting on curbs with my buddies watching, listening and imagining freedom as cars streaked by. That lead to building rods with my friends before we could drive.
Freedom came, and with it the ability to take care, work on, restore, drive, race and show them, delivering a smile to my face.
PORSCHE RELATED ACTIVITIES:
- Three time winner of the Paul Heinmiller Award for producing and editing the best Regional Newsletter/Magazine in the Porsche Club of America.
- Porsche Club of America, Newsletter Chairman conducting national seminars, 1986-1994.
- Porsche Club of America, National Web-Site competition judge, 2010-2011.
- Published in: Car Kuture DeLuxe (Hot Rods), Classic Motorsports (Vintage Racing), Porsche 356 Registry (Porsche).
- Motor Press Guild
- HMSA (Historic Motor Sports Association)
- General Racing
- 356 Registry
- Early 911S Registry
- Goodguys Rod and Custom Association
Some of the cars I've owned, tripped my trigger and restored:
1959 Porsche 356 Coupe
1960 Porsche 356 Roadster
- Numerous Concour First in Class during: 1968-1970
1962 Porsche 356 Cab.
- Numerous Concour First in Class during: 1982-1985
- First in Class National Porsche Concour: 1982 Reno NV., 1985 Costa Mesa CA., 1988 Colorado Springs CO., 2002 Boise ID.
- National Porsche Division win: 1988 Colorado Springs CO.
- Porsche 911 "Red Book" volume #1 cover car.
- Historic Race Car Displays: 1997 San Antonio TX., 1998 Steamboat Springs CO., 2000 Sacramento CA., 2005 Portland OR., 2007 San Diego CA.
Naturally, restoring cars and showing them competitively over the years, has lead to a pleasant opportunity to join the community of judges. I've enjoyed a Concour judging history with some of the following groups and shows.
National Porsche Club Judge (Currently)
Porsche Club Zone 8 Judge (Currently)
San Diego Porsche Club Judge (Currently)
La Jolla Concours Judge (several times)
Carmel By The Sea Concour Judge (Currently)
Torrey Pines Concours
The angry sounds of an engine doing its best work, has always pushed my blood to pump, and with it, the drive to don a helmet and compete. These are some of the cars that I've had the pleasure to drive in competition.
1959 Austin Healey Sprite (Local Track Events)
1955 Chevy-gasser, one of my favorite cars to race (Drag Racing)
Formula Ford (Jim Russell Racing Series)
Porsche 356 SCCA prepared EP Roadster (Local Track Events)
Porsche 911 (Local Events, National Events, Vintage Racing)
- Driving events during 1970-1988 at: Riverside Raceway, Ontario Motor Speedway, Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Willow Springs, Holtville.
- Vintage Racing during 1985-1988 at: Riverside Raceway, Palm Springs, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca.
- Coronado Speed Festival Vintage Races, 2005-present.
- Monterey Rolex Historic Races, 2009
- Sonoma Historic races, 2010
- Rennsport Historic Group 2 (Laguna Seca) 2011
MY CURRENT RIDES:
The Show Car
The Race Car
To read about the "Excellence Magazine" photoshoot, click on, "Preserving the Patina."
If you want to contact me, this is the place to click.