Friday, June 19, 2020

My Art on Metal

Hi all,

Thought I would tell you about my "Limited Edition" prints on metal and why I use it.

In my metal process, the ink is first printed on paper and the paper is put into a heat press machine, infusing the ink off the paper into a sheet of aluminum. The reasons I use this for these prints are several:

1. It presents with an awesome glossy finish that does not have as much refection as glass. This shows the print much better.

2. It's incredibly durable and UV stable. In fact the metal prints can be suitable for outside use.

3. This medium will clean easily with a micro fiber cloth.

4. For these "Limited Editions" I then mount them on a custom brushed sheet on aluminum 2" larger all the way around the print. The print is raised about a 1/2" off the backing.

5, They come with a hanger and wired on the back, ready to hang with a certificate of authenticity. .

Prints on metal do come in different surfaces as special orders, Matte, and Satin..

1. Gloss- My standard "Limited Edition" print. A shiny finish which creates the most pop in color in the image. That's why I like these!

2. Matte- Ideal if glare or excessive refection is a problem.

3.Satin- In between Gloss and Matte.

All three surfaces are a fantastic way to get that beautiful piece of art for you space. Feel free to reach out to me if you have a question.

PS. The print below is named "Underbelly."









No comments:

Post a Comment