Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Warm Breeze Brings Back Memories...

I know it happens to you too. You're minding your own business and a smell, sight, or sound can take you back to a time forgotten, vanished by everyday life. It just happen recently to me. The sun was warm on my face and the smell of Fall, I was gone...

I remember as a kid in 7th...8th grade walking home from school on a Friday afternoon, and the excitement thinking one of my favorite TV programs aired that evening. "Route 66" and oh, those 1960 and '62 Corvettes that Todd and Buz drove to places unknown was just to die for. My imagination inevitably would travel with them, mile by mile. It played to viewers from 1960 to 1964, always to the sounds of Nelson Riddel's instrumental theme. Why am I telling you about this?  Well, growing up in San Diego I recently found these images of one of their episodes filmed in my home town. I'm here to share them with you, as you may also remember. As much as I can figure, they headed to San Diego, then TJ, stopping at a BBQ joint and then onward to Caliente. No doubt there was a pretty girl involved in some kinda' trouble as usual...

I just loved it!









From, JohnStraubImageWorks

No comments:

Post a Comment