Thursday, December 20, 2012

And He Said...Ho, Ho, Ho!

It's that time of year for me to say, a large "Thank You" to all subscribers to the blog.  In my mind, "Along For The Ride" is meant to be a place to come, relax and get away from everyday life, if only for a short time. A place to read about cool car stuff.

Of interest, the number of viewers keeps growing, well over what I thought it would hit at this point, at last count, 177,000. So, even though not every post may trip everyones trigger, there does seem to be something that keeps you guys coming back. Good! Don't forget, there is always a place to comment on each post when you have time. It's always interesting to look over what readers have to say.

For this post, did you expect me to put some ol' car photo with a Christmas Tree strapped to the top like every other car blog does? I say...#%@* no! Notice I cleaned up my writing because of the Holiday. So, here's one on how the kids got into the Christmas spirit in Los Angeles, years ago before it became politically incorrect.

The Bookmobiles were used in communities to spread the word of healthy reading before libraries could be built or to supplement schools. I can remember the thrill of climbing up into one of them to look for something automotive. Almost as much of a thrill as when the "Good Humor" or "Helms Bakery" trucks rolled into my hood.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!




Sadly photographer unknown. Images via H.A.M.B.
To share a comment, this is the place to click. And please tell your friends about the blog and encourage them to sign up. Something like, "Hey dude, if you don't sign up for it, your a wimp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment